Become a Foster Parent
Providing loving homes for Colorado’s children
How can I become a PPCH Foster Parent?
Every child is unique and PPCH Foster Care believes that every foster parent has something unique to offer a child in need.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to pass CBI, FBI, Child Abuse Registry background checks
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified (offered FREE at the agency)
- Must complete CORE training + other training hours
- Must complete a SAFE home study with agency personnel
Additionally you must:
- Want to make a difference in the lives of children in need
- Want to provide nurturing guidance in a safe home
- Want to mentor children and their families
- Want to work collaboratively with team members to ensure children the foster child in your home finds much needed permanency – either through a biological family member or an adoptive home
Benefits of becoming a Foster Parent with PPCH
- Intensive training, free of cost through the agency prior to any child being placed in your home
- Individualized support and assessments prior to placement to ensure the right child is placed in your home.
- On-call workers available to you at any time prior, during or following the placement of a child in your home
- Free CPR, First Aid and Initial Orientation Training for all foster parents
- Free on-going training (required by the State of Colorado) for the maintenance of your foster parent license
- Network of other agency foster parents to utilize for questions, advice or support.
- Financial assistance/reimbursement dependent on the needs of the child
- Plus much more!
Please email Bianca Brandon at email@example.com and/or Natasha Bossio at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about our program and the children we serve. Thank you for your interest!
Want to download this information, or print it off for later? Download a PDF here.
If you are interested in becoming a Foster Parent or for questions about our foster services, please contact:
Bianca Brandon, Foster Care Program Director & Placement Supervisor